21 August 2011

Baked Zucchini Sticks

Tonight for dinner I made baked zucchini sticks.  I used the breading method suggested by the internet recipe I found, though I would not do that again.  All the same, they were tasty.  Here's a recipe I concocted from various sources on the internet.

Ingredients:
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch by 3 inch sticks
2 large egg whites, beaten with a little water
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2 T. Parmesan cheese
dried herbs
salt
pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2.  Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, herbs, salt, and pepper
3.  Dip the zucchini sticks in the egg whites
4.  Coat in bread crumb mixture
5.  Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Turn, and bake another 10 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.